Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bottle Shock

That Monday was good, intense, and it started with a sip of beer: a homeless guy spilled it on my pants (out of a Starbucks mug!) when he hopped on the overcrowded muni train. Oh, great! I go visit a Campus on East bay - and I smell like beer? I was doubtful that was a good omen but was proven wrong. I had a very good day on Campus, made some contacts, and worked in the library. It felt nice to sit there, in my niche in the "quiet area", right next to Anselm Strauss' Mirrors and Masks - their almost "home shelf", so to say.

We later went to Heidi's place, and the beer shock from this morning was solved by a nice evening with wine. While having some good Cabernet Sauvignon, we watched Bottleshock. That movie (US, 2008) is based on the Paris wine-testing from 1976, when a Californian Chardonnay won over the French one. A scandal for the French, of course. And the movie poster reminds us of the Sputnik shock (although I find this comparison a bit lame...). Anyway, the true wine lovers among us (Tina!) might know that winery: Chateau Montelana in Napa Valley. I, to be honest, had never heard of it. And it also seems like that movie never made it to the German or French movie theaters... Go figure! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment