Tuesday, February 3, 2009


I always had a thing for the image of the lonely mind. Sunchair scribblings by a poet hidden behind dunes. A thatched cottage in Cornwall with a menopaused crime author writing murders next to a phlegmatic cat. The whiskey drenched nightly compositions of Tom Waits. But then, where does the urban sociologist go?

For long, I have been dreaming about a little time-out from my full time research job (work) and how I would then dedicate all daylight thoughts to my PhD thesis (hobby). And for long, I love San Francisco. This is how I got here. This is why I woke up happily today, upon my second Sunrise in the Inner Sunset District.

This blog is a spontaneous try-out though. An instant answer to a friend who, this morning, asked me to keep her updated on my little "Tales of the City". Britta, I cannot do like Armistead Maupin. But I will try to capture some of San Francisco's early spring spirit 2009 and deliver it to all who care for the city. Or for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment