Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar for the melon cakes

On TV, the Oscar has just been given to best supporting actor and actress: Heath Ledger (posthumous) and Penélope Cruz. To be honest, I myself do not really get the hype about that event - but I like to see how people go crazy about it. I like that there are wiki-people out there who update the info for their favorite film instantly, once it has won an Oscar. I saw this for the film The Curious Case of Benjamin Button at the German wiki site, updated around 4am CET, in the middle of their Sunday night. Those are the real freaks.

When the first celebrities walked the red carpet in L.A.this afternoon, I decided for a spontaneous trip to Chinatown. I had come to think of the little melon cakes I had bought a few days ago. That was reason enough to leave the notebook home alone and go out in the rain. Yes, it is another day of 100% rain! But I have decided not to care anymore. Maybe because of the wet conditions, Chinatown was nicely emptied of tourists, and I zig zagged Grant Street. I browsed some more stores I had not been to. Clearly, my Oscar for best Asian toy goes to the wind-up sushi (sushi that walks). So funny! The day will come where I cannot resist purchasing one of those...

Another Oscar surely goes to the melon cakes of Eastern Bakery! I am home with two of them now, listening to Tracy Chapman and the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment